MPESA withdrawal charges with new updated list as of 1st January 2021. Due to the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and the current economic situation in Kenya, Safaricom has reduced the MPESA charges especially for customers sending cash.
As part of different measures to help the country better weather the Covid-19 Pandemic, we announced the temporary zero-rating of MPESA transactions. Our regulator, the Central Bank of Kenya under the leadership of Dr. Patrick Njoroge has been instrumental in the formulation of this and other measures across the financial sector which have resulted in significant gains in the form of the ongoing economic recovery, the Chief Executive Officer Peter Ndegwa said.
MPESA Withdrawal charges from MPESA Agent
Below are the MPESA Withdrawal charges you should expect to pay when withdrawing cash through the Safaricom MPESA service in Kenya. These charges change from time to time, and we always make an effort to ensure these rates are always the latest updates from Safaricom.
If you find any errors on these numbers, inform us by posting your comments on the bottom of this page. Thank you.
|Min(KSHs.)||Max(KSHs.)||MPESA Withdrawal Charges|
Fuliza Mpesa loan, rates, limit, app and how it works Now Dial *234# Safaricom
MPESA Transfer to Unregistered Users
When you send money using MPESA to a number that is not registered to the Safaricom MPESA service, you will be charged a bit higher than sending money to a number that is registered to MPESA.
Below are the charges for MPESA transfer to unregistered users.
Transfer to other MPESA Users
Find the MPESA rates for sending money through MPESA to other MPESA users.
Most times when we are grinding on with life we may encounter times when we accidentally send money through MPESA to the wrong number. With the Covid-19 pandemic and the current tough financial struggles, some Kenyans have enhanced their MPESA withdrawing skills to new levels, especially for MPESA transactions that have been sent to them in error.
One life saver number that will certainly come in handy in such unfortunate situations is the 456. This reversal number will enable you to quickly reverse MPESA sent to wrong number back to your MPESA account. Immediately you realise the mistake made, send the MPESA message that you just received of the wrong MPESA transaction confirmation to 456.
Reverse MPESA sent to wrong number by sending the MPESA confirmation message to 456
Hopefully if this reversal request is done in good time, Safaricom may just be able to put a hold the wrong MPESA cash sent and reverse the cash back to your account.
Transfer to other Mobile Money Users
The MPESA service now allows you to send money to other mobile money numbers. The cost of this service is also a bit high as compared to sending the MPESA to MPESA registered users.
Below are the charges for sending money using MPESA to other mobile money users like the Airtel Money.
MPESA ATM Withdrawal
Now its also possible to withdraw cash through MPESA using bank ATM machines countrywide. For this service, the MPESA ATM Withdrawal charges as shown below for your convenience.
|Min(KSHs.)||Max(KSHs.)||MPESA ATM Withdrawal Charges|
Most of the other MPESA services are usually FREE as shown below.
|Buying Airtime through MPESA||FREE|
|MPESA balance Enquiry||FREE|
|Change MPESA PIN||FREE|
MPESA withdrawal charges will depend on the amount you are sending or withdrawing. You can use your MPESA menu to buy airtime for your phone, or for someone else. This service is free and you will only pay for the airtime purchased.
- MPESA withdrawal charges are updated frequently, always check before you withdraw.
- You can now have up to a maximum balance of KSHs.300,000 in your MPESA account.
- Per day you can transact up to a maximum of KSHs.300,00o, but a maximum of KSHs. 150,000 per transaction.
- The minimum you can withdraw from your MPESA Agent is KSHs.50.
- To reverse MPESA sent to wrong number, you need to immediately send the MPESA transaction confirmation message to 456.
- To be able to do MPESA transaction, your Safaricom line and MPESA account must be active.
- You cannot deposit money directly into another MPESA customer’s account through an MPESA agent.
- Each MPESA transaction you complete earns you Bonga points that you can use as a means of payment for other Safaricom products are services.
- The original identification document, i.e., National ID or Kenyan Passport that you used when registering for MPESA services, will be required as a form of identification for al transactions done at the MPESA Agent outlet.
The above Safaricom MPESA withdrawal charges have been referenced from the Safaricom official website.
Check Fuliza Loans, Safaricom’s loan app and see what you need to apply.
Kindly, leave your comment below at the bottom of this page if you find any errors on these MPESA withdrawal charges.